Embark on a thrilling quest to acquire rare and powerful materials to enhance your weapons in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
If you’re eager to obtain a special sword or unlock valuable buffs for your character, then the colossal dragons of this world are your key to success. This comprehensive guide will provide you with detailed information on the locations of all four dragons and the precious materials they yield. Whether you prefer long-range attacks or up-close encounters, we’ll help you maximize your dragon-hunting experience and make the most of their abundant resources.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: All Dragon Locations and Materials
To fully harness the benefits of dragon encounters, it’s crucial to understand the materials they offer. These valuable items can extend the duration of food buffs, boost weapon attack power, and even facilitate armor upgrades from the Great Fairies. Let’s delve into the unique properties of each material and explore the elemental aspects at play.
- Dragon Shards: Dragon Shards have the remarkable ability to extend the effects of food buffs by nearly two minutes. Additionally, when fused with weapons, they provide a substantial boost of approximately +26 to attack power. It’s important to note that certain shards possess elemental capabilities such as fire, ice, and electricity. These versatile materials offer great potential for enhancing your arsenal.
- Dragon Scales: Gaining Dragon Scales requires a strategic approach. You can opt for long-range attacks by shooting the dragon’s body from a safe distance. To collect scales up close, glide down onto the dragon’s body and carefully remove them. These scales are vital resources that contribute to powerful armor upgrades.
- Dragon Claws: Similar to collecting scales, obtaining Dragon Claws involves aiming for the dragon’s claws. Whether from afar or by landing directly on the beast, precise attacks will grant you these formidable materials. Utilize the dragon’s vulnerability to secure a generous supply of Dragon Claws.
- Dragon Horns: The horns atop a dragon’s head serve as a valuable resource for your journey. Employ the same tactics used for collecting scales and claws, specifically focusing your attacks on the horns. By methodically targeting this region, you’ll amass an abundance of Dragon Horns.
The Master Sword:
Intriguingly, the Light Dragon harbors the legendary Master Sword buried within its head. Unearthing this powerful weapon requires two full stamina wheels. To enhance your chances of success, venture to the Korok Forest and eliminate the darkness shrouding the area. Once the gloom has lifted, speak to the Deku Tree, who will mark the sword’s location on your map. Refer to our comprehensive Master Sword guide for further insights into this iconic weapon.
All Dragon Locations:
While exploring the vast world of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll encounter three elemental dragons that soar through the skies and occasionally dive into the Depths. Tracking them down is essential for gathering their valuable resources. The dragons consistently follow a specific path, simplifying your search.
- Dinraal: The fiery Dinraal can be found gracefully spiraling around the Eldin Mountains region. Keep a vigilant eye on the skies, especially near the volcano and the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. Utilize the vantage points provided by Skyview Towers in Eldin and Akkala to spot Dinraal effortlessly. Remember to equip fireproof gear before venturing too close to this majestic creature.
- Farosh: To locate Farosh, head southwest to the Gerudo Desert. This magnificent dragon gracefully circles the skies in and around this region. Ascend to any of the Skyview Towers, such as Gerudo Canyon or Gerudo Highlands, and launch into the air to gain a better perspective.
- Naydra: For an encounter with the mesmerizing Naydra, journey to the skies of East Necluda and the vicinity of Mount Lanayru. Prioritize equipping warm gear to withstand the chilling climate of the area. If you’re unable to locate Naydra in the southeast, ascend Mount Lanayru Skyview Tower and survey the surroundings from a distance. Be patient and observant, as Naydra’s presence is a sight to behold.
- Light Dragon: The enigmatic Light Dragon lacks a fixed location, making it the most challenging to find. Unlike the other dragons, it does not submerge underground. However, it tends to roam the outskirts of the world. Exploring the fringes of the map or focusing your search around Dragon Tears may increase your chances of spotting it. Once you have unlocked most of the Skyview Towers, use them as a launching point to scan the skies for the elusive Light Dragon. Gliding down onto it from the sky islands is an effective strategy for acquiring its resources. Remember to ensure you have two full stamina rings at your disposal if you intend to extract the Master Sword from its head.
- Maximizing Dragon Encounters:
To optimize your dragon-hunting experience and gather an ample supply of materials, it’s crucial to employ effective strategies. While long-range attacks with arrows are viable, engaging in up-close encounters with the dragons offers a more exhilarating and rewarding experience. Utilize Skyview Towers and Sky Islands as launch points for paragliding onto the dragons’ bodies. This method allows for direct contact with the dragons and increases your chances of acquiring a variety of materials. However, exercise caution and ensure you have the necessary protective gear when approaching dragons that possess elemental powers.
In Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the majestic dragons hold the key to obtaining rare and powerful materials. By strategically targeting specific regions of their bodies, such as scales, claws, and horns, you can amass resources to enhance your weapons and armor. Additionally, the Light Dragon guards the legendary Master Sword, a symbol of unparalleled strength. By venturing to the dragon’s location with the required stamina and guidance from the Deku Tree, you can unlock this iconic weapon. Whether you prefer long-range attacks or thrilling close encounters, the dragons of this fantastical world are waiting to be conquered. So gear up, sharpen your blades, and embark on an unforgettable dragon-hunting adventure.
Check out this guide here to find out All Bubbul Gems Rewards in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!