The Last of Us Part 1 file size requirements are out now giving us a hint at what to expect in terms of download size for the game.
The Last of Us Part 1 will run on an updated game engine according to Naughty Dog. This means all of the in-game assets, textures, and character models have received a significant bump in their visuals. We have already seen this in the first few comparison videos and screenshots for the upcoming remake.
The minimum file size requirement of The Last of Us Part 1 is reported at 79 GB, which is up from the 48 GB minimum requirement for The Last of Us Remastered.
The game also supports additional PS5 features like Haptic Feedback, 3D Audio, and Fast Loading.
- Enhanced visuals: Completely rebuilt using Naughty Dog’s latest PS5™ engine technology to improve every visual detail.
- Fast loading: Loading times are near instant thanks to the PS5 console’s SSD.
- Haptic feedback: The DualSense™ wireless controller supports haptic feedback for every weapon and environmental effects such as the sensation of falling rain.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel dynamic DualSense wireless controller trigger resistance for all The Last of Us iconic weapons, including Joel’s revolver and Ellie’s bow.
- 3D Audio: Naughty Dog’s newly upgraded audio engine makes use of Tempest 3D AudioTech to deliver richer soundscapes through compatible stereo headphones (analog or USB) or TV speakers.
The Last of Us Part 1 will be out on September 2 for PS5. It is also coming to PC.