After a certain period, Microsoft normally removes third-party titles from the Xbox Game Pass subscription. Here’s when they will remove some of the Final Fantasy and Yakuza games.
Square Enix has released several titles on Xbox Game Pass. This covers, among other things, the whole Final Fantasy series, Dragon Quest, and Octopath Traveler. These titles will be taken from the subscription when a certain amount of time has passed, and we now know when that will occur.
Based on the dates given in the Game Pass app for the Windows Store, we have an idea of when not only Square Enix games but also Sega’s Yakuza series, will be removed.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 – May 1, 2022
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – May 16, 2022
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – February 16, 2022
- Final Fantasy XIII – September 1, 2022
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 – December 1, 2022
- Octopath Traveler – April 1, 2022
- Scarlet Nexus – January 1, 2023
- Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 – February 1, 2022
- Yakuza 6 – April 1, 2022
- Yakuza 7 – May 16, 2022
It is also possible that these dates will be renewed but nothing has been confirmed so far.