Defeating Calus is a challenging and rewarding experience in Destiny 2 Lightfall.
As the final boss of the Leviathan raid, Calus is a powerful enemy that requires teamwork and strategy to overcome. With a variety of devastating attacks and abilities at his disposal, Calus will put your skills to the test. However, with the right preparation and tactics, you and your fireteam can emerge victorious and claim the rewards that await you. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the key steps to beating Calus and completing the Leviathan raid in Destiny 2 Lightfall.
Destiny 2: Lightfall – Calus:
Here’s how to defeat Calus in Destiny 2 Lightfall.
Phase 1 – Throne Room:
- To start the fight, have one player stand on each of the four plates in the room. This will cause Calus to appear and start the encounter.
- After a brief cutscene, Calus will summon a number of enemies, including Psions and Centurions. Kill them all to progress to the next phase.
Phase 2 – Shadow Realm:
- The team will be transported to a different dimension. One player will be chosen as the “Caller,” who will call out symbols that the team needs to shoot to progress.
- The other players will need to find the corresponding symbols and shoot them. This will spawn platforms that they can jump on to progress through the Shadow Realm.
- The Caller will need to be careful not to shoot any of the symbols themselves, as this will cause the team to fail.
- Once the team reaches the end of the Shadow Realm, they will need to shoot the crystals to exit and return to the Throne Room.
Phase 3 – Damage Phase:
- Calus will become vulnerable once the team returns to the Throne Room. Shoot his weak points to damage him.
- After a short time, Calus will enter a “Calus Realm” where he will attempt to wipe the team with a giant energy blast.
- To prevent this, one player needs to pick up a “Psionic Protection” orb that spawns in the Throne Room and run into the Calus Realm.
- Once inside the Calus Realm, the player needs to jump on the floating platforms to reach and shoot the glowing crystals. Destroying all the crystals will prevent the energy blast and bring the team back to the Throne Room for another damage phase.
- Repeat these phases until Calus is defeated.
- Be sure to communicate with your team and assign roles before starting the encounter. This will help prevent confusion and ensure everyone knows their responsibilities.
- Use weapons that are effective against various enemies in each phase. For example, use a sniper rifle for long-range engagements and a shotgun for up-close encounters.
- Be mindful of your ammo and supers. Save your supers for the damage phase and make sure you have enough ammo to take out enemies in each phase.
- Don’t forget to use your class abilities, such as healing rifts and barricades, to help your team survive.
- Stay focused and patient. Calus is a challenging boss, and it may take several attempts to defeat him. Don’t get discouraged and keep trying.
Check out this guide here if you want to know How To Complete The Maelstrom Quest in Destiny 2 Lightfall.