Little Nightmares could get a native PS5 and Xbox Series X version, according to a current PEGI rating. Its sequel has already gotten a free update.
When a native version of a game is available, they normally rate it for that specific console. Going by this, Little Nightmares may receive a PS5 and Xbox Series X upgrade and it could be announced soon.
Little Nightmares 2 has already had a native update. The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions support 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. On the PS5 and Xbox Series X, it also features a ray-tracing mode.
- Beauty Mode* – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode* – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
While this new rating does not reference the complete edition, it might hint that it will be given as a free update. The complete edition included all post-launch DLC in one bundle.